Thursday was a sprint to Tybee Island so not a lot of time for sightseeing. Anyway, a trip is also judged by what you decide to skip.
- Garth Brooks Blvd. in Yukon, OK. (His birthplace apparently. ) Nothing to see really.
- Graceland. Maybe if time had permitted, but we were running late.
- In Tupelo, Mississippi: “Elvis Presley Landmarks.” No.
- Woodie Guthrie’s Boyhood Home. He wrote one good song, “This Land is Your Land,” but if you listen to all the verses you understand that he really was a Communist.
- Toad Suck Park. Actually, sounded interesting. Just to find out what it was.
Some random observations:
Favorite sign: on Route 80 to Tybee Island. “Roadway may be covered by water at high tide.” It wasn’t.
Stuckey’s 37 mi. Stuckey’s 16 mi. Stuckey’s 1 mi. No Stuckey’s.
Cracker Barrel is at many exits. Cracker Barrel is the new Stuckey’s! No Pecan Logs, but they do have Buckeyes!